Are there unfinished tasks hanging over your head? Chores you’ve been meaning to do for weeks/months/years? Didn’t you promise yourself you’d finally finish _________ this summer?
Some of us can’t keep up with our good intentions.
This month, let’s clear some of that backlog and start the summer with a clear(er) conscience. Grab a pen and some scrap paper— or use markers and make a big ol’ poster. It’s time to start the June Challenge:
Make a list of five unfinished projects that have been weighing on you. Finish three of them in June.
Readers Jesse, Leslie, and Fräulein Schneider are already on board. Care to give it a whirl?
Here are my Projects to Finish in June:
- Finish testing dress pattern – I started sewing a New Look 6299 muslin ages ago, then ran into trouble with my invisible zipper foot and gave up. This month, I’ll finish the dress and unbury our dining table.
- Make a piano video – I promised my aunt I’d send her a video of myself practicing the piano. That was… last June?
- Fix Jaunty Dame’s categories/topics – Over the past few months, I’ve deleted 75% of this blog. Time to reorganize this mess.
- Write a long, newsy letter to a dear friend- I should have replied to a certain Ms. Barbara months ago. Sad!
- Deal with unwanted table. This apartment came with a rickety, wobbly old table. I either need to find a new home for it, or buy a saw and reduce it to firewood. Sigh.
The last two are the easiest/most likely to happen without external pressure. We’ll see, eh?
‘Fess up. What’s on your list of projects to finish? Which three can you tackle in June? Make your plans in the comments below.
Tell me if you want an accountability partner, and I’ll check in with you throughout the month!